Sunday 20 July 2014

Sea Fever

In my neverending and futile quest to share my backlog of photos, I thought I'd take the opportunity to string together a theme for this week. So all three of today's photos have a slightly nautical theme going on. Unfortunately the identity of the third picture is Top Secret, so it's not here. (I've left my hard drive in Durham while I'm home for the weekend and the picture I want to share isn't on my laptop...typical! I'll add it in a later post.)

They're all from the last 12 months, But from different parts of the UK. First up, Tenby Harbour in Wales:


Tenby is somewhere I've been to quite frequently with my family; my Grandpa was born and raised there, and we've spent many (often rainy, but often gorgeous) summers there since I was young. Watching from the terrace of our holiday house, a break in the rain coincided perfectly with the return of this red boat and the vibrant rainbow overhead.

Unfortunately someone stuck a crane on the end of the harbour, which might well be a permanent fixture. You can't have everything.

I should also point out for the record: Tenby and South Wales are not permanently immersed in constant rain. Most of the time it's absolutely amazing, especially in the summer. Rain is not a prerequisite.

But, since we're in a week of heavy thunderstorms, let's have some more rain to finish off!


This is Sidmouth in Devon; by happy coincidence, my Grandpa's current home. It's an absolutely lovely town which is often bathed in glorious sunshine.

Honest.

During a little wander in the rain on the beach, this boat gave me a chance to take a picture of the seafront a little bit differently to how it's often seen. I regret to this day that I don't have a really wide angle lens that I could have used to get the same picture from the other side of that irritating little shrub. No matter where I moved, it was there. I think it might have been following me.

That's all for now; once I get back to my hard drive I'll start posting some more. Watch this space!

And you might even get to see the other sea picture if you're good. Now there's an incentive.

J

No comments:

Post a Comment